Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yeah, I party with rockstars....

Ok, so here's how it is:
I drove Guster in my car to a party at Drew's house where we proceeded to party with them, like 'no biggie' this happens every Sunday night.
It was so amazing though, pretty much surreal and an insane whirlwind of craziness.
The show was so rockin though because the Jaywalkers (that's Drew's band) opened and I was just so proud of them and that was definitely the best show they've ever played!
Then Wild Sweet Orange, a cool band from Alabama played and then Guster played.
Guster was such a fun band to listen to at a concert because they really had fun with it and kept trading instruments and stuff.
Then, through virtue of my coolness (and some volunteering and donating clothes) I snagged backstage passes to meet Guster after the show for myself and four friends.
That was way cool and we got some great photos with them and signatures, but then Drew was like, 'Katie, do you have room in your car I might need you to drive some ppl back to my place'. So i was like 'Sure, no problem'. Little did I know that he had invited Guster and Wild Sweet Orange back to his place for a little party/shindig. So we go out back to the tour buses and they're like, oh hey, can you drive two of the guys from Guster in your car over to the party? So I did and it was really cool cuz they were totally down to earth and friendly.
Surprisingly for a Sunday night there was a fair amount of students that showed up to hang out and Guster stayed for a while til they had to get back to the tour bus.
Overall it was one heck of a night and I can't imagine how we'll ever top that.
Moral of the story, always have amazing friends who turn into rockstars so they can introduce you to other rockstars.
-K

p.s. see facebook for photos!