Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New School Year, New Beginnings

A new semester of college begins tomorrow at 8am and to me this means many things.

Part of me is really excited because I love the first day of school. I always, pick out my outfit, pack my lunch go to bed early and wake up early because I just love that new beginning of classes and new start of learning. I'm really excited about this year because I have a feeling that junior year will be full of fun and new things. I really hope to branch out in my classes and experiences this year in many ways. I'm living in an apt this year so I will have to cook most of my own food. I'm also living with 5 other girls which should be both lots of fun and very crazy trying to coordinate and just physically live together (ie showering, cooking, having friends over, etc). I'm taking more diverse classes, where I will hopefully learn new and interesting and useful things. I'm working with some great people and involved in the amazing Rivers Institute. Hopefully, I'll meet some new people (coughnewboyscough). And I'm also really pumped about my ceramics class, so maybe some of you lucky ones will get a Katie original. : D
And, if all goes according to plan, in January I'll be leaving on a jet plane to the far away southern hemisphere to learn and experience the amazingness that is New Zealand and Australia. We'll see.
So, I suppose I should jump into bed, get some beauty sleep and get ready to start my JUNIOR year of college.
Wow, we are juniors... blows my mind sometimes.

Good night and sleep tight,

Love,
Kate - girl wonder: ready for anything! (see below)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie!!! By now you have started school, and I am jealous. I want to be back in school as well. I hope all of your classes are turning out to be as fun and educational as you thought they would be!!!