Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Avacados and Pistachios

Random title I know, but those are two of the foods that I've come to like on this trip so far. I know that they're not really NZ food, but still....
I'm pretty tired right now and I'm trying to apply for these summer research programs in Idaho or NY state so that's a bit stressful from the other side of the world. Anyhow, I'm soooo excited about spring break and I just cannot wait to see Rick and Stacey, they're supposedly in Christchurch right now.
I think that being away from everyone on this trip will be a much needed break for me. It's not that I don't get along with everyone, most people are nice and friendly, but I think I just need some space. Part of it is that the majority of the students here are really negative about almost everything we do here. They never want to listen to the lecturer's and are sometimes downright rude by ignoring them, talking during lectures or listening to ipods during lectures. Some also complain about anything that's work or hiking or boring, come on people, we're in FREAKING NEW ZEALAND!!!!!
Ok, enough ranting. I know I'm a nerd and like to learn as much as I can but....
I also cannot wait to show Rick and Stacey around Christchurch and share some of the really cool stuff I've been learning about NZ. I know I haven't been very good at putting a lot of that up on here but, maybe I'll just have a NZ mini-course or something when I get back...
Back to the summer apps.
LOVE,
Kate

1 comment:

Drew said...

That's why these buffoons have you, Katie. To show them how cool might someday become if they actually cared about anything.

I'm meeting regularly with Kevin Hallinan working on thesis, trying to find an internship or a job for this summer, and thinking about getting an early start on my midlife crisis by buying a $400 guitar amplifier. Oh, and I have a heat transfer test tomorrow I haven't started studying for because I'm trying to figure out the damn temperature change in an air stream from one point to another. My only consolation is that it's in Kelly Kissock's class so I'm sure that it must be important. What's up with you lately?

Franz is Francis and his knee is healing. Brock is tall, Brendan got mixed up with the RIAA, and Alex, Aubrey, and Krista are all taking guitar. Beth is working and Senia isn't here either. By the way, Guster is playing the relay for life at the end of April.