Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Something for the Ladies

Ok, so I've never really understood why menstruation is such a socially taboo subject. And although I'm not going to tackle that right now, I do have something important to share with all the women out there who might be reading this blog.
I'd like to share with you an alternative to pads or tampons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooncup (A wikipedia article about menstrual cups)
http://www.keeper.com/ (a place to buy them in the US, this is where I bought mine, but please shop around, there are others).

It's just something to consider. Please don't immediately dismiss this as weird or gross or uncommon. It is not only safe (no risk of TSS), hypoallergenic, convenient (less stuff in your purse, traveling, etc), environmentally conscious (less waste), but...it can also save you money (it only costs about $37 at once rather than buying pads or tampons every month).

I've been very happy with mine, and although it takes a bit of time and practice to get used to, so did pads and tampons. If you have questions I'd be more than happy to talk.

Also, please pass this information along to other women you know. I feel like because we as a society choose not to talk about this subject we are stuck thinking that the only options we know are the only ones out there. Who knows, if you try something new, you might even like it!

Happy Periods (yeah...right) :D
Love,
Katie