Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Insightfulness

I was looking in my sketchbook this morning to work on drawing some conceptual sketches of an art project I might be working on, when I came across some expressive journaling notes I wrote this summer. Most of these were written to just get emotions and confusion out of my head, but looking back at them is just as important. Maybe sharing them here could help others as well...

-denial is not the answer. finding release in a balance of physical and emotional and artistic understanding that by repressing the erotic I repressed the spark that draws others

-finding ways to push yourself towards freedom of spirit. accepting that sexuality is individuality and there is no shame or wrong in understanding desire

-I am a social being and feeling disconnected and alone makes me depressed

-being alone does not have to be negative. it can be a time of renewal and reflection. use this time to balance, for upon the return of others, there is always the unknown. do not let yourself become unknown

-it is unhealthy to contain the creative erotic and by doing so I only hurt myself. expression doesn't fix everything but it creates a dynamic of change and possibility that would otherwise become stagnant and fester with negligence

-taking time for myself is just as important as fighting for change. I cannot burnout but must instead balance the worlds needs with my own

No comments: