Sunday, April 11, 2010

Haikus

So, I wrote some haikus for an art exhibit I have coming up. Some of them are specifically inspired by certain photographs (not included though)

Here goes:

Fish jumps in my boat!
Surprising reminders
of life in the river

into the daylight
happiness spreads like my smile
sense of peace outside

find new in the old
wonder in the history
beauty in the cracks

residing isn't living
knowing takes exploration
sense of place blossoms

life by bicycle
focus heightens awareness
the road is ours too

like an urban secret
I find connections thrilling
cars zoom unknowing
(this one has to do with the pedestrian bridge over 35)

water here abounds
flowing opportunities
tap into Dayton

our paddles in hand
like ambitious explorers
we are the future

2 comments:

Nolan said...

I just absolutely love your haikus Katie. I really do. They inspire me to go out and write them too.

fixitsteve said...

I enjoyed your bicycle haiku. I've been riding my bike to the park for lunch and my motorcycle to work now that the weather is nice.