Sunday, April 4, 2010

Poems

So some of you may remember way back two summers ago when I started this blog, I wrote a poem called Summer Apex (see below). Well, its prediction of coming change is again relevant. Change is coming. Now, the reason I remembered this was because I found another poem that I had written at the same time and I thought I'd share it. I'll just say though that it's very random and stream of consciousness.

Summer Apex

July first is the high noon of summer
It's been climbing to the top of my calendar for a month
waiting, rising, intensifying
I feel its bright and lonely scorcher sear
my alabaster, ginger-pale skin reddens
This July first brings both deadly UV and change
Here it comes
following closely behind this cronological apex
I gaze east and see August like a pale full moon
filled with promises
escape, nights of cool lunacy, you.
These 31 days can't fall off the horizon fast enough.


Untitled

I wanted to write a poem.
and I wanted to be creative
stifled in this maze of gray
diseases spot my elbow
spores of moldy poison black
pepper on my alabaster
albatrosses dead and flight
flying with my thoughts of you
carefully hurting
cautiously festering
wonder wander heart so dear
if i shave my head and beard
hat and eyes and lashes too
can you follow if you go
i don't want you
noses grow
wooden body wooden mind
wouldn't mind some apple pie
fruited lonely lovely lie
lying under skies of past
speeding stars and history
teach me something new of me
let me learn the color you
twining hairs and hearts and hands
do touches span the ocean blue?

No comments: