Monday, September 27, 2010

Tromping Through the Maine North Woods

I spent this weekend hiking around the woods and streams and lakes of the middle of nowhere Northern Maine. It was actually pretty fun, despite the fact that my lab group partners and I had to FIND let alone sample 4 streams in 3 days. On the drive there we saw a MOOSE and I was sooo excited!!! (But then later when we were bushwacking our way around this pond we saw moose tracks and I was like, AH! I hope we don't see a moose! :D
Despite all the copious amounts of hiking and carrying sampling gear all over the place, it was beautiful up there and all the leaves were turning breath-taking colors. It was also really quite, which is hard to find.
Sadly, it rained on and off and was overcast both nights so no stargazing....
But, here are some pictures. Enjoy!






No comments: