Monday, May 19, 2008

Here Goes Nothing

Hello Good Reader,

First, Welcome!
Thanks for visiting my humble blog and I hope it's everything you thought it would be.
: D

Anyways. As the description at the top explains (somewhat), I have many friends who are going to be traveling all over the world this summer and most of us are keeping up with each other through blogs. I was hesitant to commit myself to doing this, but, I feel it will be a good way to let everyone know the excitement that is Dayton, Ohio in the summer! Actually though, there are more things to do here than I originally thought.

I guess I should just start with the basics. This summer I am working as an intern for the Rivers Institute and as a research assistant for one of my professors at UDRI. At the Rivers Institute I'm going to be hanging out with some of the coolest people on campus as well as benchmarking, researching and planning alongside my co-intern and the coolest kid on the block, LIZ!

At UDRI I'm going to be researching agriculture plastics and their impact on the environment. This means finding out what kinds there are, how they are disposed of (burned, recycled, etc) and how we can change this for the better.

Hm...perhaps this is enough for now. But let me say that I have a great roommate and have been having lots of fun so far. Also, at the bottom of this blog is a Summer Reading List that I'm compiling for this summer. I hope to read quite a bit this summer and cross some of these off. However, if you have any recommendations or wish to discuss some of these fine pieces of literature, by all means, let me know.

Farewell for now.

Katie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kate
I'm glad you're doing this... so I can be creepy and know what you're doing all the time.

I wish I was one of your friends that was traveling around the world but I guess Columbus will just have to do. =]

<3 Pat

Drew said...

I brought Cbosky´s book with me to Bolivia for the long (8-hr.) bus rides. It´s one of my favorites.

Have a great summer! I´ll tune in when I can.