Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just a quick update

So it's pretty late and my roommate's already asleep but I wanted to type a few things about to day and especially to add the photos I took today.

Most of my day was actually pretty boring. I participated in a workshop seminar retreat thing. It was ok, but I really wanted to be outside. I did get a break and took some time to wander around outside this beautiful place we were at. They had a labyrinth there and I walked that (you'll see the pictures). I wasn't sure about the labyrinth at first, but once I got into and used the time to think through some thoughts and problems I really enjoyed it. I also wanted to say that I took a few pictures of the tall grasses today and I really love the way they look blowing in the wind. I know that I did not capture the beauty and feeling and wave/ocean/water like quality the fields have when the wind blows on them, but I'm not sure that motion is something easily captured by a still photograph.

Ok, well, I really must be going so I'll leave you with some pictures.
This first one is the labyrinth.


-Kate

p.s. One exciting thing though, my new shoes came and i LOVE them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie!! I love the picture of your feet!

P.S.... I changed the name of my blog already, so I already messed up your link. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

photography can only capture what has been...even when capturing movement it can only freeze it... at least that's what I learned from photography class. Which reminds me--you should really add Camera Lucida by Roland Barthes to your summer reading list