Friday, May 23, 2008

Wasn't It Just Wednesday?

Overall I would say today was probably a 5 on a scale from 0 to 10, where 10 is the best day ever and 0 the worst. It was pretty much average. I did see 9 frogs/toads today though with was kind of cool. Granted they were all around the same small pond, but how often do you see 9 toads? Anyways, I mostly didn't do much, although pilates was nice again. I went to BW3's for the first time and it was pretty much what I thought it would be: boring, lots of guys watching and cheering for sports, beer, sports, talking, sports, oh wait, did I mention sports? I mean, I guess it was ok but I wasn't really into any of the games that were on and I only knew 2 of the people we were with, my roommate and her bf, so...whatever. Hm...dinner was fun though, yummy grilled cheese and fruit and veggies with humus!!

I'm really pumped about going to visit Senia this weekend. I've heard so many good things about how beautiful WV is so I'm expecting some great photo opportunities. I'm not sure if any of the people I know going abroad are taking cameras, but I would love to see some pictures of where you are staying and some scenery, etc.

There's not much else to say about today. I think Rachel's musings about the universe were pretty interesting if not a bit out there. By the way I finished one of the books on my list and have started another one, meaning I'm focusing on a new one because I never read just one book at a time.

Finally, I've been thinking a fair amount about traveling and what I want to do in my life and I think that I'm afraid. Afraid in many ways. What if I don't get to see and experience all of the places I want to go to? What's stopping me from not doing the things and visiting the places I want to? I don't want to be afraid of the world that's out there but how do you jump into it and travel fearlessly and find the right balance between planning and letting the "road" lead you to where you're supposed to go? For example, I never thought I wanted to travel to Asia really, but I do. I want to go to India, or Tibet and stay and meditate with monks. I want to hug the Dalai Lama. I want to see places and photograph them and travel just for the knowledge and culture and experience. I want to see mountains. I want to see huge oceans. I want to learn snipits of other languages and taste new foods. I want to meet average people who don't take the American standard of living for granted. I want to meet farmers who actually grow food. I don't want to be afraid of leaving behind the comfortable.

sigh.

I think most of all, I don't want to fear regret.





Ok, so if anyone has thoughts on that, especially people who might be experiencing some of those things right now, please give me some feedback.
If not, I'll figure it out.
So here's my pictures for today, sorry they're not as beautiful as yesterday's but, life's not always pretty, right?

pensively yours,
Kate

2 comments:

Peter Kolis said...

I like the pictures of your shoes and the sky.

Come visit :)

Drew said...

I wouldn´t worry so much about the things I should do in the future so much as live in the present and just DO! Live in the now and do the things you want to do with your life. Then you´ll be too busy to worry about missing opportunities. :) That´s my two cents anyway.