Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday's Tidings

So, I think eventually I will get the hang of this bloggyness. :D Do you like that word I just made up? I quite enjoy it.
Anyway, I think perhaps I should explore some blogs of others to gather ideas and just get a sense of blogging etiquette. It seems that after that first post I should stay away from the details and things that most of my friends who are reading this already know.

Here are some thoughts from today. Working in half of a cubicle can be dull unless you decorate it. Color is wonderful! I also went to my first Pilates class today with my roommate and we both enjoyed it. I really like that feeling you get after a good stretch when you can take a really big deep breath. I helped my roommate make bread, or start to make bread. And normally this might not get me thinking, but I really like the idea and process of making bread. It's very homey and useful and delicious. When I was kneading the dough it felt like I was back in time. Sort of like that mindset you get when you hang out the laundry on a beautiful windy day with your mom or grandma. It makes me smile.

The other thing that I'm very excited about is the summer book club Emily and I started. We are going to read the Alchemist, which I've heard is good. Not only am I excited about reading a good book and discussing it with friends, but we're going to meet at a little coffee shop. It's like the quintessential book club experience. Something about the smell of coffee, a good chai tea latte, a good book, thoughtful discussion and welcome company makes me very happy. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing though.

Something else that makes me happy is photography. I was looking at a few other blogs and I saw people putting up photos of their day or their city or whatever. This made me want to put up a picture everyday, or at least every week so others can enjoy something that I enjoyed enough to photograph. I'm thinking this will also force me to keep my camera ready with me and make sure I actually take photos this summer. Not that I wasn't planning on photographing anyways, but this will be fun to do. Since I didn't have my camera with me today, I think I'll just put up one of my favorites from around campus.



One last thought for tonight: I really love Italian dressing!

Ok, I hope everyone is safe and dry and well.
yours,
Katie

2 comments:

Peter Kolis said...

I like the photo idea :) It sounds like an excellent way to relax and to keep doing something you enjoy.

I recommend ¨For Love of Evil¨.´It is a fantastic book, and I´d recommend it before many, many other books.

Unknown said...

Does this mean you went and bought a bottle of italian dressing...or perhaps a hint that you'd like some? :D

Your proactiveness in setting up your weblog has inspired me and I am happy to say that I have just finished setting up my blog. The website is inkblueraindrops.wordpress.com; you can add me to your links now!