Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Biscuit of My Heart

I'm pretty tired, so I don't think I'll type much. However, I did want to share a few things about today. First of all, I'm sad because I did not get to see my mom, brother and aunt this morning for yummy cinnamon rolls. But, we will do that soon so it's ok.

Next, my boss at work told me that the project I'm working on is turning out to be more important than he thought it would. Apparently he was talking to some corporate and EPA people at a conference this week and they were all interested and excited about my research. So that's good news. I guess I should live up to their expectations though...

I'm also bummed because I was supposed to go to a free concert tonight with Beth but the stupid severe storms and rain etc, kept us from going. Grr...

Despite this, Beth and I still had fun. I've been craving and wanting to make biscuits for no apparent reason other than that they sound tasty and I've never made any before. So tonight, Beth and I, as Beth so eloquently phrased it, lost our biscuit virginity. And I must say, it was wonderful! We hit a few bumps while making the dough cuz it got to sticky, but it all turned out delicious. Honestly though, they were soooooooooooooooo good. They were warm and buttery and wheaty and with jam and butter they were just amazing. We also decided that we are going to perfect our biscuit making skills so that we can make heart shaped ones for our roomies next school year. Oh yeah, we're so cool I know.

That's mostly it. Below are two pictures I took today. I had no idea that hearts were going to pop up twice today so I thought it was kind of fun and decided to put up both of them. The top one is from work and the bottom one is the heart biscuit Beth made and that we baked.

nouveau biscuit goddess,

Kate


1 comment:

Drew said...

I hope next semester you and Beth bake me a heart-shaped biscuit. And give me the recipe. I like biscuits a lot. And my Dad´s from the south so I´ve been around the block a few times, so to speak, regarding biscuits.

Of course I´ll dance with you when we get back. Out here I really miss swing, jazz, and rock and roll.