Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Where the Sidewalk Ends

I think that as much as I was/am unsure about blogging and all that it implies, I'm glad for it. It gives me a way to contact everyone and also allows me to peak into the experiences of those far away.
I also think it's cool that while others are away in far off lands trying new things and new foods, I can still be here and try new foods. Today I baked some zucchini bread. I had an extra zucchini to use and I didn't feel like just eating it so I baked it up with lots of sugar and flour and eggs. It's not quite as zucchini'y as I would like it to be, since I only had one zucchini, but it's still tasty. (See the picture below that Emily took of my messy table in the lounge : D) I'm also excited because I bought this Indian food called Dal Makhani which I'm going to try soon. It's supposed to be lentils and kidney beans and tomatoes and ginger. Did I already talk about this? I feel like I have but I don't want to look at my old posts to find out.

Ok, so below is a sidewalk that just ends. It made me think of Shel Silverstein and I wanted to share.

Today after work and pilates Emily and I went to this "after work" social thing for interns in the area. It was ok. They had it at this fancy restaurant and we got free appetizers, so that was good. I apparently have this mentor lady who graduated from my school a couple of years ago. I guess this should be cool. I'm just looking forward to the free baseball tickets.

Hm...so, that's mostly it for tonight. I finished my book Kushiel's Scion tonight and it was so good. I'm sad that it's over but I have already ordered the next one so I shall be back with the characters soon enough. I have to start reading the book for the book club though, so other things must wait.

I suppose I will go and read. Hope to hear from all of you soon.



Hugs!

Kate

No comments: