Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cities and Scenery

Hey,
So I ended up having a pretty good birthday. I bought myself a really cute birthday dress and went out to dinner at this really yummy vegetarian restaurant called the Dux de Lux. I would recommend it if you're ever in Chirstchurch. Then yesterday we had our first and only test for Anthropology class which was fairly easy. I've also been doing some random gift shopping and bought myself a sweet purse along with a few things for other ppl. I haven't forgot about all of you ppl back home. Then last night we went to the Tamaki Heritage Center and got an interactive show about some very troubling times of Maori history, followed by a traditional hungi (sp?) meal. I'd heard mixed reviews about the food and personally I thought it was just ok. Not bad, but a bit bland. It's prepared by heating rocks in a earth pit and then burying the food for 6 hours.
Then today we drove out to Banks Peninsula and Hinewai reserve. The scenery was AMAZING and beautiful and hopefully later tonight I'll be able to post some pictures on my fliker acount. No promises though. We hiked around and ate lunch and then, disaster struck. I was walking with 3 other girls for our scavenger hunt of different plants when I got that feeling (girls you'll know what I'm talking about) and to make a long story short. I started my period in the middle of a forest. Great timing body. Really, I love you too. Now, I had been to the bathroom not an hour earlier so I know it was in the forest. Anyway, I did the outdoorsy thing and sucked it up and fixed the problem right there in the woods.
After hiking around for another hour we finally got back on the bus and headed out to Akaroa for a bit. I ate yummy fish and chips and HOKEY POKEY ice cream! Then took a nap on the drive back. Now I have to finish my essays for tomorrow and repack.
I probably won't be posting for a week since we'll be traveling in the woods, etc. So I hope all is well with you and talk to you later.
LOVE,
Katie

No comments: