Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Something I Wrote in November

Learning to Love Yellow:
Yesterday, I learned to love yellow. For twenty years I've always been drawn to all of nature's colors except yellow. Now I didn't hate it, I just didn't like or appreciate it. And who would have thought that all it took was onions. Well, onion peels that is. I learned how to use natural dyes to color fabrics and after boiling onion peels and soaking the fabric what should appear, but a beautiful, rich, warm, lovable yellow. The tote bag that now sports this enticing shade of the previously unloved color is a continual reminder: Not only can I learn to love yellow, but I can find a happy moment of each day. So celebrate each day and never contain those incandescently happy smiles.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I like that little note, in high school a close friends obsession with the color began to rub off on me, now I see it in all of its vibrant and beautiful wonder.