Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tat, Tat, TAT it UP!

Apparently I'm leaving Australia with quite the crazy bang.
First skydiving, then swiming with sharks and sea turtles and now...
a tattoo!

Yes, the long awaited study abroad tat has happened and I'm so excited about it. I really love it and it honestly didn't hurt bad at all. Thankfully though it only took about 20min so I wasn't enduring the stinging for long. There's a photo album on facebook (or the sidebar) but here's a photo of it pretty fresh ( I mean it's only 5hours old, just a baby):

You may be wondering about the rocks, yes, they're stacked rocks. It's called a cairn and it's a bit hard to explain the meaning to me but I'll give it a try. First, it's all about balance. Finding balance in my life and in everything I do. Cairns can also be used by travelers to show direction. So, it's about knowing that there's direction in my life even if I don't understand it yet. Sometimes, they're also used in memory of something or someone, and this one is partially in memory of this long journey that I've had. As for they brown/red color, I wanted it to be similar to henna and very earthy, but I also didn't want a really dark bold black tattoo.

There it is then and ya'll can see it in person in a few days. Esp if you come to see me at the airport! Please do, I really want to see all the people that are important to me, so of course my family, but I'd like to see some friends too if any of you are willing to drive...
If not, I promise to come visit UD soon or I'll see you over spring break if your in Cincy or close to it.

Miss you all and make sure to check out the new photo albums on facebook!!!
LOVE,
Kate

2 comments:

Timothy J. Shaffer said...

i'm a fan. it looks good.

tj said...

I really like it... I think it suits you.

and yeah, wow Katie, you're walkin on the wild side! lol sky diving, tattoo, woo boy!

lol give me a call when you're in cinci; we'll have to get yummy food or something.